I suppose though, like everything else, we will adapt and become more efficient with this less than convenient situation. At least we have loads of snow. As you might imagine though, the bathroom thing is kind of a buzzkill. Negative thirty degrees is no joke, makes me jealous of the men and really appreciative of running water.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Frozen Pipes
I got back last night only to find out that our pipes had frozen. We have no water, the school has no water, the heat was out, and it's negative thirty degrees. Welcome home, eh? Maintenance, who was flown in from Dillingham yesterday, predicts this will take about two weeks to clear up. If that's the case, we can't legally hold school until the pipes are fixed.
I suppose though, like everything else, we will adapt and become more efficient with this less than convenient situation. At least we have loads of snow. As you might imagine though, the bathroom thing is kind of a buzzkill. Negative thirty degrees is no joke, makes me jealous of the men and really appreciative of running water.
Bathtub full of snow
Snow base for our soup
This bucket usually holds our sugar. For the next few weeks however, it will be our hair washing station. Unbelievable.
I suppose though, like everything else, we will adapt and become more efficient with this less than convenient situation. At least we have loads of snow. As you might imagine though, the bathroom thing is kind of a buzzkill. Negative thirty degrees is no joke, makes me jealous of the men and really appreciative of running water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh dear god! I cant believe it...I mean, I believe it, but that is no fun at all! What happens if you use up all the snow????
Oh man. This looks fun...if it was only for a day. 2 weeks? Ouch.
Hey, I feel really bad I didn't get to see you. I was in an airport when you called...and didn't get in that night until midnight.
I miss you Lida...miss you bad. I would have loved to see your Alaskan beauty.
Post a Comment